The Annual SMA Conference is an invaluable resource for the entire SMA community.
2019 Annual SMA Conference
Our annual conference is the largest SMA conference in the world. Through the conference, we bring together researchers, healthcare professionals, and families to network, learn, and collaborate. The family conference includes a variety of workshops, keynote sessions with leading researchers, a family-friendly research poster session, and more—plus fun events like our meet-and-greet, pajama party and movie night, and teen and adult social activities.
The 2019 Annual SMA Conference will be held June 28 - July 1 at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA.
Registration for the 2019 Annual SMA Conference will open Fall 2018.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-886-1762.
SMA Researcher Meeting
The Annual SMA Conference is really two separate events—one for families and one for researchers—that run in parallel, so that families, researchers, and clinicians can interact with and learn from one another. If you are an academic or clinical researcher, use the links to learn more and to register.
Inaugural Clinical Care Meeting
The Annual SMA Conference is adding a third component to the family conference and researcher meeting this year. We are pleased to announce the inaugural Cure SMA Clinical Care Meeting, to be held on Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 1pm to 6pm at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, TX. The target audience includes clinicians who diagnose and care for SMA. Scholarships are available to cover registration, airfare, and hotel. If you are a clinician, use the link below to learn more and register.
2018 Annual SMA Conference Presentations
- I Need to Cough: Ways to Keep Your Lungs Clear
- Genetics and Reproductive Options for SMA Families
- The Role of PT and OT in Your Child's Life - Being Part of the Team
- Orthopedic Management
- Getting the Most Out of What You Eat! Nutrition for Oral Feeders
- Tube Feeding and SMA: Recommendations and Practices
- Making Choices to Optimize Care and Quality of Life
- Medical Management of Adults with SMA
- Ethics and Realities in SMA Research and Emerging Therapies
- Breathing Strong All Day Long - BiPAPs and Ventilators
- Family Readiness for Emergencies
The following are presentations and highlights from previous Annual SMA Conferences—whether you're looking for a refresher on what you learned at conference, or weren't able to attend and want to see what you missed.
2017 Annual SMA Conference
2016 Annual SMA Conference
Keynote Presentations and Research Updates
- 2016-2017 Research Update
- 2016 Annual SMA Conference Opening Keynote Presentation
- Updates from Drug Programs in Clinical Trials
- 2016 Family Friendly Research Poster Session