Applications for Cure SMA Medical Advisory Council Due October 15th
Cure SMA is expanding its role in spinal muscular atrophy medical affairs at the national level through its Medical Advisory Council (MAC). The MAC sets the agenda for proactive, creative, and collaborative leadership on issues that improve the quality of medical care for those affected by SMA.
The focus of the Council is to build on the foundation of SMA standards of care; increase knowledge of SMA diagnosis, intervention, and care management among healthcare providers, affected families and the public; and translate the results of new research for use in clinical practice.
Dr. Mary Schroth, a leading pediatric pulmonologist, is Chair of the Council.
Clinical experts in the following specialty areas are encouraged to apply by October 15, 2017.
- Genetic Counseling and/or Medical Ethics
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Neurology (pediatric and adult)
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapist
- Dietary and Nutrition (pediatric and adult)
- Pulmonology (pediatric and adult)
- Bone Health
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Critical Care
- Internal Medicine
- Social Work
- Physiatry/Rehab Medicine
- Case Managers and Care Coordinators
- Palliative Care
- Attend and participate in two face-to-face meetings during the year
- Participate in interim phone calls as requested
- Assist Cure SMA with planning the Annual SMA Conference for families
- Respond to calls and emails from the Chair and Cure SMA staff in a timely manner
- Communicate conflicts with MAC member duties as soon as possible
Download the Medical Advisory Council Guidelines for more information.
For any questions contact Page Kirkpatrick, MHA, MBA, Cure SMA Clinical Care Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.