Cure SMA Assists Hundreds of Families in 2017
Each year, Cure SMA provides thousands of families with vital support and resources to help them live active, engaged and hopeful lives.
Our programs provide tangible support for families affected by SMA, easing the difficulties of an SMA diagnosis, and showing each family that they are not alone and that there is hope. Our family support programs also help build and maintain a strong and unified community.
In the last year alone:
- 732 information packets in addition to 180 care packages were sent to families.
- 160 equipment pool items were lent to families.
- 188 care binders were sent to families.
- 74 CDs of SMA information were distributed to our international families.
- 71 wagons were given to families to help better transport their children, whether around the house or yard, to visit friends or family, or to get to doctors' offices and other appointments.
- 55 condolence care packages sent to families.
- 2,073 total attendees participated in our 2017 Annual SMA Conference, including researchers.
- 1,535 total items sent to support families in 2017.
The Mission of Family Support
Families affected by SMA turn to Cure SMA for information, guidance, encouragement, and most importantly, hope. We are committed to providing families with the support they need for today while we fund research to lead us forward to a cure for SMA.
If you have any questions about our family support programs, please call 800.886.1762, or email email@example.com.