Applications for the Cure SMA Medical Advisory Board Due 10/1/14
Cure SMA is expanding its role in spinal muscular atrophy medical affairs at the national level through its Medical Advisory Council (MAC). The MAC sets the agenda for proactive, creative, and collaborative leadership on issues that improve the quality of medical care for those affected by SMA.
The focus of the Council is on educating families, health care providers and the public about SMA; expanding SMA standards of care; and translating scientific innovation into clinical practice.
Dr. Mary Schroth, a leading pediatric pulmonologist, is Chair of the Council.
Clinical experts in the following specialty areas are encouraged to apply by October 1, 2014.
- Neurology (pediatric and adult)
- Cardiology (pediatric and adult)
- Bone Health
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Education and/or School Service Advocacy
- Social Work
- Physiatry/Rehab Medicine
- Palliative Care
- Genetic Counseling and/or Medical Ethics
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapist
- Dietary and Nutrition
Membership categories include:
Active Member (Official, participates fully)
- Attendance at 2 in-person meetings/year and on interim conference calls.
- Each official member will serve a 3-year term, with the option to renew for an additional 1, 2, or 3-year term.
- Participation in the Cure SMA Annual Conference planning.
- Active participation in the affairs of the Council, including ad hoc task forces and work groups, by request.
- Timely responses to phone and email inquiries from the Chair and staff.
If you would like to apply or wish to nominate a qualified candidate, please submit a CV and application form by October 1, 2014.