Through our equipment pool, Cure SMA loans necessary medical equipment free of charge. Our equipment inventory changes often as new equipment is donated and other items are loaned out.
Listed below are many of the items that are often available through our equipment pool; however, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or 800.886.1762 to receive the most up-to-date information.
- While on loan, families are responsible for all professional upkeep on the equipment. Our goal is to keep these items in good condition so they can help as many families as possible.
- We request that any equipment pool items not being utilized be returned to Cure SMA so they can be passed on to another family in need.
- We are not able to loan out respiratory equipment or supplies that require doctor authorization.
- Unfortunately, due to customs regulations and shipping costs, we can only ship equipment within the continental U.S.
- If you wish to donate equipment to the pool, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.886.1762.
Also called medical strollers, an adaptive stroller is built for a child with special needs. These strollers usually come with accessories, allowing the child to be supported and positioned comfortably. Some strollers also have trays to carry medical equipment.
Specialized bath chairs provide comfortable and secure bathing for children and small adults with special needs. Bath chairs are adjustable, with multiple seat and back angles.
A car bed is a car seat that lies flat, allowing the child to lie safely and comfortably in the prone position while traveling in the car. For babies with SMA type I, these car beds are vital as they may experience apnea and oxygen desaturation if they are placed in an infant car seat.
E-Z-ON Modified Vests
An E-Z-ON modified vest is used for transporting children with SMA type I once they outgrow the car bed. This modified vest buckles into the back seat of a car and allows the child to lay flat across the back seat during transport .
These soft foam positioning seats are designed for all ages. They are simple to use and don’t require complicated adjustments. They are a great alternative to a child’s wheelchair or stander.
Standers provide several therapeutic and physiological benefits for children with SMA. They help with digestion, circulation, and breathing. Standers also promote bone strength as users bear weight on their legs.
Powered or manual wheelchairs allow individuals with SMA to be mobile. Wheelchairs are usually customized to an individual based on their unique needs.
Because of the high cost and extensive customization required for a powered wheelchair, only manual wheelchairs are included in the Cure SMA equipment pool.