If you are a member of local or national media, Cure SMA is pleased to provide resources and contacts for stories related to SMA.
News Stories and Press Releases
Cure SMA press releases and other recent stories can be found on our news page.
Contact Megan Lenz, senior communications manager, at email@example.com or 800.886.1762 for:
- More information on recent news articles
- SMA facts and figures
- Interviews with SMA experts or families
About Cure SMA
Cure SMA is dedicated to the treatment and cure of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)—a disease that takes away a person’s ability to walk, eat, or breathe. It is the number one genetic cause of death for infants.
Since 1984, we’ve directed and invested in comprehensive research that has shaped the scientific community’s understanding of SMA. We are currently on the verge of breakthroughs in treatment that will strengthen our children’s bodies, extend life, and lead to a cure.
We have deep expertise in every aspect of SMA—from the day-to-day realities to the nuances of care options—and until we have a cure, we’ll do everything we can to support children and families affected by the disease.
- Over $62 million invested in research for SMA
- Beginning in 2003, Cure SMA provided the very first research funding for Spinraza, the first-ever approved therapy for SMA
- Nearly 4,000 SMA families reached every year through family support services
- Over 115,000 members and supporters throughout the country