The 2018 Annual SMA Conference Booklet is now posted.
The 112-page booklet includes information on workshops, special events and details of the 30th Anniversary SMA Conference, including:
1. A complete schedule, full agenda, and descriptions and speaker bios for the 56 workshops.
2. Details about many of the special events planned during the Annual SMA Conference. These events include:
- Thursday’s Meet & Greet: The fun evening helps us to kick off conference with a Family Fun Fest with many games for all children! We also hold the highly anticipated Researcher Relay Race, where SMA children race against SMA researchers.
- Friday’s Dance Party: Dance the night away with other conference attendees!
- Friday’s Family Friendly Research Poster Session: SMA Researchers present their findings to families and provides attendees a great opportunity to meet and interact with the researchers.
- Saturday’s PJ Party and Movie Night: Children can come in their PJ’s and watch a family friendly movie with their family.
- Saturday’s Roll-a-Palooza: Join us as Adyn’s Dream brings live music to the Cure SMA Conference! The evening will feature two of Austin’s finest bands.
3. Details on the incredible Children’s Program, where kids are guaranteed to have a blast!
4. Information on Saturday afternoon’s Researcher Q&A session focusing on Basic Science and Pre-Clinical Drug Development, Second Generation and Combinatorial Therapies, and clinical trial updates.
5. Information about our incredible 19 conference sponsors and 25 exhibitors.
Get Involved During Conference
We’re also planning some interactive opportunities for you and your family to get involved during conference, including:
- A social medial lounge where you can learn about the different types of social influencers
- Texas/Cure SMA Trivia for prizes
- “Man-on-the-Street” interviews with special guests, and more!
We’re expecting over 1,600 attendees from 23 countries, including families, healthcare providers, professionals and SMA researchers. We hope to see you there!
Our thanks to Biogen for their generosity as the presenting sponsor of the 2018 Annual SMA Conference.