Clinicians across the country are invited to share experiences, successes and ideas at the inaugural SMA Clinical Care Meeting to be held on Saturday, June 16, 2018 at the 2018 Annual SMA Conference in Dallas, Texas.
As Spinraza and future FDA-approved treatments extend the lives of those with SMA, care has become even more important. Our goal is not only to extend life, but also to ensure the best possible quality of life.
To lead the conversation, we are encouraging families and individuals to invite their healthcare providers. Click the link below for a “Save the Date” reminder for you to email to your clinician, or print and bring to your next appointment.
About the Clinical Care Meeting
Meeting goals include:
- Provide an opportunity for SMA healthcare providers across disciplines to share knowledge
- Facilitate collaborative discussions between healthcare providers to achieve improved care for SMA
- Foster clinical care research collaboration across care centers
- Promote interactions between new clinicians and leaders in clinical care
- Build the SMA clinical care community
- Promote conversations between families and patients living with SMA, clinicians, researchers and industry partners
Healthcare providers who diagnose and care for people affected by Spinal Muscular Atrophy, including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses, pediatric and adult specialists including neurologists, pulmonologists, rehabilitation medicine, orthopedic surgery, palliative care, physical and occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, nutritionists, social workers, respiratory therapists, and trainees in the above disciplines.