As a national organization comprised of 34 chapters, we know it’s important to leverage our collective strength and provide our community with personalized, local support.
On Saturday, Cure SMA held its inaugural Summit of Strength in Cincinnati, OH. This is the first of 16 one-day mini conferences, sponsored by AveXis, held in 16 cities across 15 states between July 2018 and February 2019. Through this program, attendees can hear about the latest advances in SMA research, as well as sessions covering support and patient care.
The Cincinnati Summit of Strength was an incredible start to an amazing new program! We thank AveXis for sponsoring this initiative, as well as the 15 wonderful speakers who presented.
Summit of Strength Program
In February, Cure SMA announced a slate of one-day local symposiums, beginning mid-summer and continuing into winter 2019. Through the Summit of Strength program, the SMA community will continue to share experiences, advocate for one another, and learn about the latest advances in research and care.
This half-day program is intended for adults and teens with SMA, parents, grandparents, and caregivers. Childcare and entertainment will not be available at the Summit of Strength, but children are welcome to attend with a parent or caregiver.
Note: The Summit of Strength program is free and will include breakfast, lunch, and parking for all attendees.
Local summits will be held in the following states:
- Cincinnati, Ohio – July 14th
- Boston, Massachusetts – July 21st
- Little Rock, Arkansas – July 28th
- Phoenix, Arizona – August 4th
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – August 11th
- New York, New York – September 8th
- Orlando, Florida – September 22nd
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin – October 6th
- Anaheim, Southern California – October 27th
- Baltimore, Maryland – November 3rd
- Stanford, Northern California – February 23rd
- Birmingham, Alabama – TBD
- Austin, Texas – TBD
- St. Louis, Missouri – TBD
- Chicago, Illinois – TBD
- Raleigh, North Carolina – TBD
More information regarding TBD locations will be available in the coming months.
Questions? Reach out to us at [email protected].