A little more than six months ago, Cure SMA launched the Summit of Strength Virtual Webinar Series , a program designed to help support individuals and families with SMA manage the uncertainty of life in quarantine during the global COVID-19 pandemic. We have now hosted 13 Summit of Strength educational webinars and are coming to the end of our 2020 line-up.
“We have been delighted at the interest from the SMA community in attending these Summit of Strength webinars, and have seen more than 3,100 viewers to date,” says Colleen McCarthy O’Toole, Vice President of Family Support. “We have also been lucky to have been joined by 16 professionals from across the country to present on a variety of support and patient care topics.”
Cure SMA still has three more Summit of Strength webinar events on the books for November, so be sure to register for one or all these helpful topics. Each event will take place on a Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. CT/10:00 a.m. PT.
- Wednesday, November 4th: “SMA Pulmonary Standard of Care and Anticipating the Viral Season,” presented by Dr. Mary Schroth, Chief Medical Officer of Cure SMA. A representative from Novartis Gene Therapies will also speak.
This event is also supported by Ventec Life Systems, maker of VOCSN, the first and only Multi-Function Ventilator that seamlessly integrates five separate devices—including a ventilator, oxygen concentrator, cough assist, suction, and nebulizer—into one unified respiratory system.
- Wednesday, November 11th: “Supporting Siblings in SMA-Affected Families,” presented by Dr. Al Freedman. A representative from Biogen will also speak.
- Wednesday, November 18th: “Protected Tomorrows, Inc.,” presented by Mary Anne Ehlert, who helps guide individuals with disabilities and their families plan for their future and optimize their lifelong care plans and right to benefits. A representative from Genentech will also speak.
If you have any questions about the Summit of Strength Virtual Webinar Series, please contact [email protected].
A big thank you to the National Presenting Sponsors for the 2020 Summit of Strength Programs: Biogen, Genentech, and Novartis Gene Therapies. We would also like to recognize Platinum Sponsor, Scholar Rock, for its support.
Did you miss a Summit of Strength webinar? No worries, just click below to explore all our previous Summit of Strength webinars, including informative Q&As:
- Adapt Functional Movement
- Chari-SMA-tic Independence
- Driving and Community Mobility
- Family Readiness for Emergencies
- Managing the IEP 504 Process During a Pandemic
- Orthopedic Management in Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Physical Therapy at Home
- SMA Nutrition: Now More Than Ever
- SMA Standard of Care for Occupational Therapy
- Supporting the Emotional Health of SMA Affected Families During Uncertain Times
- Yoga Therapy for Children with SMA