Cure SMA leads the way to a world where everyone impacted by SMA is empowered to lead their best lives. As 2022 comes to a close, we celebrate stories of breakthroughs powered by research and care, while also recognizing that our work is not done. This is Cure SMA’s commitment to our community.
Key components of our programs and dedication to our SMA community include:
Basic research projects lay the foundation for new treatment options and deliver better outcomes for all individuals with SMA. Expanding our basic research programs means looking at different therapeutic approaches to help teens and adults with SMA gain back strength and self-sufficiency. It also means we’ll collaborate with researchers and our community to advance combination therapies and track progress through biomarkers.
Advocacy programs leverage the collective strength of our SMA community to make real changes in important policies, such as transportation, accessible medical equipment, and employment and financial security. These programs include tools to help us better connect with elected leaders, education around key SMA issues, and direct advocacy opportunities on Capitol Hill for our advocates.
Community support is an irreplaceable resource for individuals and families impacted by SMA. Wherever a person is in their SMA journey, we provide practical support programs and educational materials suited to their needs. From our equipment pool to newly diagnosed support, teen and adult care packages, the amazing Annual SMA Conference, and everything in between, we aim to improve daily quality of life and build community.
High quality care for all individuals with SMA is imperative to our mission. We are focusing on expanding our SMA Care Center Network and Registry to create robust evidence to improve and increase access to care regardless of geographic location.
In this season of giving, we invite you to get involved and help accelerate the programs mentioned above in this upcoming year and beyond.
- Donate to Cure SMA – Kick-off our year-end campaign by making a gift today!
- Mark Your Calendars!
- November 29 – Giving Tuesday: Join us for the world-wide day of giving.
- Create a Do-It-Yourself Fundraiser – Host a holiday brunch or dinner and ask friends and family to make a donation in celebration. With a DIY fundraiser, you are limited only by your imagination.
- Shop through Amazon Smile – Start your holiday shopping at smile.amazon.com. Select Cure SMA as your preferred charity and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase.
- Share on Facebook and Twitter – Share, Like, Post, and Retweet our content to raise awareness and bring new supporters to our cause.
Your support will fund breakthroughs in research and treatments for tomorrow, while also providing meaningful support for today.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.