The 2019 Annual SMA Conference booklet is now available for download. The booklet includes information on workshops, special events and details of the Annual SMA Conference, including:
1. A complete schedule, full agenda, and descriptions and speaker bios for the 55 workshops.
2. Details about many of the special events planned during the Annual SMA Conference. These events include:
- Friday, June 28th from 6:00pm – 8:30pm, the conference will open for all registered families with the Meet & Greet. The Meet & Greet is always very special and includes the Researcher Relay Race, along with many games and treats for all. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy and Wreck it Ralph will also be there to meet the attendees!
- Saturday, June 29th the Adults with SMA Lounge, a fun space for adults with SMA to mix and mingle, will be open from 10:45am – 5:15pm, and on Sunday, June 30th it will be open again from 8:45am – 4:30pm. This lounge is sponsored by Biogen.
- Saturday, June 29th from 6:30pm – 8:30pm we will have a Family Friendly Researcher Poster Session. This event will provide families with an exciting opportunity to rotate around to over 31 different posters that researchers have prepared specifically for families. You will be able to converse with the researchers on the different programs they are working on. There will also be light snacks and refreshments provided. Please make sure to rotate around to as many posters as possible for a special drawing afterward! Attendees will also be able to meet many Disney characters such as Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jesse from Toy Story, along with Pluto.
- Saturday, June 29th from 7:30pm – 9:30pm we will be offering a relaxing, yet entertaining PJ Party and Movie Night for all! Come dressed in your jammies if you wish as we gather together to watch the family-friendly movie Toy Story.
- Sunday, June 30th all attendees are invited to enjoy an exciting evening at the Disney theme park together with other SMA families, sponsored by AveXis.
3. Details on the incredible Children’s Program, where kids are guaranteed to have a blast!
Get Involved During Conference
We’re also planning some interactive opportunities for you and your family to get involved during conference, including:
- A social media lounge
- Opportunities to share your story with Cure SMA’s MarCom Team
- Man-on-the-Street interviews, and more!
We’re expecting over 2,400 attendees from 29 countries, including families, healthcare providers, professionals, and SMA researchers. We hope to see you there!
Our thanks to AveXis, Biogen and Genentech for their generosity as the presenting sponsors of the 2019 Annual SMA Conference.